How I was able to know about this offer ?
On LinkedIn someone posted that Goldman Sachs has opened an off-campus Engineering Campus Hiring Program. I registered in this program and several rounds were conducted.
Be active on LinkedIn and keep your eye on career page of the company they post the opening there and apply on that you will most probably receive a test link.
Round 1:This was conducted on 9 Aug 2020 , it was the aptitude round consisting of 60 question ,2 were subjective question of 10 marks each and other aptitude question of 5 mark each ,negative marking was also there . I attempted 51 question
The test has 7 sections. All sections are mandatory.
- Numerical Computations — 8 questions
- Numerical Reasoning -12 questions
- Comprehension — 10 questions
- Abstract Reasoning — 12 questions
- Diagrammatic Reasoning — 12 questions
- Logical Reasoning — 12 questions
- Subjective — 2 questions
Round 2:This is the technical round which was held on Hackerrank on 26 Sept. It consist of 5 section . No Negative marking was there .
Section 1: It consists of 2 coding questions one of 30 marks and another 20 marks duration was 30min . I was able two solve both question partially . Questions were based on matrix and string .
Section 2: It consist of 8 mathematics questions in a duration of 25 min. Questions were based on Trigonometry ,logarithm , PnC , Probability , Arithmetic Progression .
Section 3: It consists of 7 questions on computer fundamentals , duration was of 20min. Topic was DBMS, Operating system , Debugging the code, OOP’s, computer network.
Section 4: 1 coding question of 100 marks in duration of 45 min. Question was based of graph concept used as an articulation point, solved it completely.
Section 5: 2 subjective question in 15 min total score was 20 marks.
On 2 Oct I received the mail that I am selected for the interview round.
Round 3 : Interview round was held on 10 Nov. There were a total 3 rounds, 2 Technical and 1 HR round .
Round 1: This was the Technical round. She asked me to tell me about myself other than the resume then she asked me about my project . She gave me 2 puzzles to solve and I solved both completely . She asked me to write the code of sorting algorithm and string question. She asked questions about oop’s concept .The interviewer was friendly and gave hints to me whenever I needed.
Round 2: The interviewer does not ask for the introduction. He directly asked the question , you have given the stream of number and you will get number one by one and array should be in sorted form whenever the new number added I told him we can use heap sort then he told me to write the code of heap sort as I was not comfortable with implementation so I directly told him that I am not comfortable with the implementation part so he told yes! the implementation part is tough we moved to next question .
Question was on dynamic programming question I first tell the brute force and then tell the cases where brute force will fail then optimized it by using recursion and dynamic programming ,use whiteboard to draw recursive tree, dp matrix it will help you to make your approach more clear to interviewer.
Round 3: HR + Technical round Interviewer asked me questions based on my resume and project discussion. She gave me different situations and asked me how I would react in those situations . try to give positive answers that show your leadership quality , teamwork .
- Be confident if you don’t know something politely tell the interviewer that “I don’t know about this topic but I like to answer it may be possible that I won’t crack it” . Interviewer will help you or change the question.
- Try to prepare HR questions so that you will be familiar at that time .
- Practice some basic questions like tell me about yourself , describe your project in front of the mirror so this will boost your confidence.
- Give a brute force solution and then optimize it to try to figure the corner cases , ask questions to the interviewer they will surely help you out.
How I prepared myself for the entire process
- Topics : Dynamic Programming , Graph , Tree , Linked List , Stack
- Must do coding problem
- Read previous interview experience and solve puzzle from gfg so that you get idea how the question are asked and these things helped me a lot .
- Try to solve as many question you can solve on Leetcode and interviewbit for more detail read this.